Location: Boneo Water Recycling Plant
Client: South East Water
- 2G Avus500plus CHP with biogas and natural gas blending system
- 2G Avus500plus Gas to Power on natural gas only
South East Water's Boneo Water Recycling Plant has become the second site within its network to utilise a 2G Cogeneration Engine, creating a sustainable waste-to-energy solution to reduce their operating costs and dependence on electricity.
This project is yet another excellent advancement in South East Water's progress to achieve net-zero emissions by 2030.
Approximately 9000mWh of renewable electricity produced
Sustainable low-carbon electricity will power the plant
Second site within the South East Water network to implement 2G Cogeneration
South East Water, as apart of their Emissions Reduction Pledge has committed to reducing their carbon emissions by 45 percent by 2025, and achieving net zero emissions by 2030. The second project of its kind within the South East Water network, and this huge reduction has compelled South East Water to also implement another cogeneration engine at their Boneo Water Recycling Plant (WRP).
The combined CHP/Gas to Power engines have the potential to produce approx. 9,000MWh of low carbon electricity for the plant.
Boneo has had the following equipment supplied by EvoET:
- 1x Avus500plus CHP with biogas and natural gas blending system
- 1x Avus500plus Gas to Power on natural gas only
- 2x H2S Active Carbon Filters
- 1x Siloxane Active Carbon Filters
- 1x High Temp C-Nox Biogas Flare
- 4x Meidinger Biogas Blowers